Re: Greeting Card sites catching on

2004-07-11 04:21:45
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 12:15:19PM +0100, Graham Murray wrote:
Koen Martens <spf(_at_)metro(_dot_)cx> writes:

I believe this is part of the rfc. Once you create a leaf such as www IN
A something, wildcard records will not match anymore. One has to create
TXT for each leaf node, but usually this can be a simple redirect to one
TXT record or something like that.

Will that always be possible?  If the 'leaves' are CNAMEs, pointing
to provider's (probably shared) server, then it is not possible to
also define TXT records for that leaf.

In that case the spf record of the domain pointed to by the cname should
be considered I've been told a while ago on this list. I don't know
however is this is in the current spf implementations. Implementors, any
hints?

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html