Re: Greeting Card sites catching on

2004-07-11 07:17:46
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 02:29:52PM +0300, Andrew G. Tereschenko wrote:
[Koen Martens]
You are right that , if egreetings wishes to prevent spammers from
misusing their www.egreetings.com domain, they'll have to set up a TXT
record for www....

So why we are happy here claiming SPF got wide acceptance ?
Almost all servers I've checked has the same common error.

Well, check mine :))

Even more - creating TXT records for each name in DNS is lame :o((
Need a work-around.

Ah, it's something I can live with. Most of it is automated anyway over
here.

Once more.
Why http://spf.pobox.com/wizard.html promote flawed configurations ?

Or I'm missing something valuable in specs ?
Is there anything on parent domains SPF record search if not found on
original domain ?

I agree that this point (that you should define spf records for your
domains as well as every subdomain) could be stressed more in the
wizard, promo-material, etc..

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html