Re: Greeting Card sites catching on

2004-07-11 04:38:32
Graham Murray writes:
Koen Martens writes:

I believe this is part of the rfc. Once you create a leaf such as www IN
A something, wildcard records will not match anymore. One has to create
TXT for each leaf node, but usually this can be a simple redirect to one
TXT record or something like that.

Will that always be possible?  If the 'leaves' are CNAMEs, pointing
to provider's (probably shared) server, then it is not possible to
also define TXT records for that leaf.

Short answer:

nslookup -q=txt ftp.24.odessa.ua. ns.digital-concepts.net.
ftp.24.odessa.ua       canonical name = www.24.odessa.ua
www.24.odessa.ua   text = "v=spf1 -all"

But I think this will requere possible changes in speficiations if we will
put SPF records in sub-domains as I've proposed.
Even more - sub-domain SPF records will allow to create
spfv1.ftp.24.odessa.ua TXT record to override spfv1.www.24.odessa.ua (or
spfv1.24.odessa.ua to be correct ;o)
But this functional benefits result in increased administrative burden :-(

--
Andriy G. Tereshchenko
TAG Software