Intuit

2004-07-12 09:26:37

Hello

Just noticed that Intuit has their "email invoices" using the account holder's email address as the "From" address. For example, when my wife sends an invoice to a customer using their service, the "from" address is her email address however the email is sent from Intuit's servers. These emails are getting rejected based on SPF authorized hosts for the domain.

I notified Intuit of this issue however I am not sure if it will get any response or action.

What is the general opinion here regarding this type of issue? I am certain it will become a bigger issue down the road. Essentially Intuit is "forging" the from address. Should people that use similar services have to set up SPF for those hosts? Or should these services use a valid "from" address for their domain and perhaps use the customer's address in "reply-to".

On a different note, not sure if you have seen this article
http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,63708,00.html

Somebody on a different mailing list was talking about "Microsoft's sender-id that will eliminate spam".

just fyi

Best Regards

Waitman Gobble
http://emkdesign.com/