Re: Intuit

2004-07-12 10:10:09

Meng Weng Wong wrote:

can you share with us the letter you used?  we can put a
form letter generator on the website that explains what
companies need to do to correct their behaviour.

This is what I sent them. I would imagine that it could be better written ;-) I agree that a form letter would be extremely useful. Let me know what you need.

When we send an invoice via email using QuickBooks, the "from" address is our email address, however your email host(s) are not authorized to send email for our domain. Emails are bouncing with 550 reject. You need to make the "from" address an intuit.com address, etc. and make the reply-to address our address.

You will need to see http://spf.pobox.com/ for information regarding SPF. This issue will need to be addressed as all the major ISPs are supporting SPF and are going to implement it. Such as AOL, Earthlink, etc.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:44:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem
<MAILER-DAEMON(_at_)site(_dot_)quickbooks(_dot_)com>
To: <kristi(_at_)emkdesign(_dot_)com>

The original message was received at Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:44:10 -0700 (PDT) from ipp4.qbn.ie.intuit.com [10.9.2.77]

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<kristi(_at_)emkdesign(_dot_)com> (reason: 550 kristi(_at_)emkdesign(_dot_)com, SPF host not authorized)

Best Regards

Waitman Gobble