Re: Are SPF fault tolerant ? How to make SPF records changed correctly ?

2004-07-13 10:11:00
--On Montag, Juli 12, 2004 23:06:54 +0300 "Andrew G. Tereschenko" <spf-discuss(_at_)spam(_dot_)24(_dot_)odessa(_dot_)ua> wrote:
[...]
3. One more. We do not change ISP. But our ISP willing to change IP
netblock they own OR simply change an IP of our server OR change IP
address of dial-up pool we used to send emails.
The same question - how to do this correctly ? Do we have to delegate our
DNS management in addition to server management to ISP ?
Or we must take such a change burden on ourself ?

If you are using dialup lines with a dynamically assigned ip address,
your ISP should publish a matching SPF record that you can include or
redirect to in your own SPF record.

If you have a static allocation, your ISP should notify you of any
changes well ahead of time (at least one week, better two or more) so
you can modify your DNS data accordingly.

Ralf Döblitz