Re: Sender ID algorithm in a nutshell

2004-07-13 18:12:34
Michel Bouissou wrote:

Le mardi 13 Juillet 2004 22:47, Meng Weng Wong a écrit :
Well, the big difference between SPF Classic and Sender ID
is that Sender ID does the check against the PRA from the
headers, which is (thanks to SUBMITTER) available at 2821
time, before DATA.  SPF Classic does the check against the
MAIL FROM.  The reason for focusing on PRA scope was because
of the perception that phishing is a big problem.

Please pardon my ignorance, but what does "PRA" stand for ?
Purported Responsible Address

Finding myself drowning in alphabet soup a few months ago, I have started a *very* incomplete and miscellaneous (and probably error-riddled) page of Selected MARID-Related Terms and Acronyms at: http://www.technoids.org/maridterms.html. I always have that page open as I read posts to this and the MARID mailing list.

Feel free to send corrections, additions, etc., etc. I am willing to contribute the page if anyone wants to use it as a starting point for something more official ...

Weldon Whipple
weldon(_at_)whipple(_dot_)org

1) we assume a receiver MTA supports ESMTP SUBMITTER.

Are there any currently widely used MTAs that support either sending or receiving this SUBMITTER information, or is it just something planned for a possibly far future ?

Cheers.