RE: MX secondary problem?

2004-07-14 16:09:12
[Mark Lentczner]
How do you get the mail through SPF this way?  Does your secondary do
SRS?  If not, you have a forwarding situation, and those fail SPF w/o
SRS or similar being done by the forwarder.

I actually don't take filtering action on incoming mail based on SPF
results yet. It's too new and too in flux for me to do that on my
company's mail. So I haven't run into this problem just yet. I'm waiting
for my anti-spam vendor to add SPF checking and SRS so I don't have to
mess with it (a support engineer told me they were going to do it soon).

If they don't do it well, I imagine I'll have to put SPF+SRS on the
secondary, or implement a "check trusted received header" scheme as
Stuart suggests.

Regards,
        Ryan