RE: MX secondary problem?

2004-07-15 14:55:35
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Ryan Malayter wrote:

If they don't do it well, I imagine I'll have to put SPF+SRS on the
secondary, or implement a "check trusted received header" scheme as
Stuart suggests.

You don't have to put SRS on the secondary, just SPF.  Treat the secondary
as a whitelisted trusted forwarder so that you skip SPF on the primary
for mail coming from your (authorized) secondaries.

This seems to work the best in practice.  I don't recommend the
trusted 'Received' header solution because you end up not being
able to reject the forgeries before DATA.