Re: Citibank

2004-07-15 14:46:45
On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:55:41AM +1000, Chris Drake wrote:
Look.  The specification, in effect, says

  If you get a Received-SPF: neutral header, you MUST
  pretend that SPF evaluation had not occurred at all.

A Bayesian filter chooses to ignore that "MUST".

Only if you configure things that way.  You could generate a
Received-SPF: neutral when there is no SPF record, and then
a bayes filter will treat them the same.

I do something a little different.  When there is no SPF, I supply a default of
"v=spf1 a/24 mx/24 ptr" - and the result is always pass or neutral.  I add the
keyword "guessing" to the Received-SPF header in this case, but that doesn't
seem to have the same problem, since it is associated with no SPF
record (both pass and neutral) rather than a neutral result.