Re: SPF and Responsibility

2004-07-22 17:09:49
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:19:10 +0100, Chris Haynes wrote
Have I contacted my ISP to ask them for their plans to implement SPF
_and_ the associated MTA security?  Yes.

Did I get a reply? No, nothing.

My guess is if you did, the reply would be along the lines of, "Sorry, we
don't support vanity domains."  I expect ISPs that do decide to support
stronger authentication will just prohibit everything except their own domain
name.

Once the core value of SPF is understood, there'll be no stopping it!

Yup, and if you're right about the dynamic it'll unleash, pretty soon running
a "vanity domain" will be impractical thanks to ISPs tightening down their
mail server configurations.