Re: Military

2004-07-27 09:04:43
In
<1090846529(_dot_)6011(_dot_)95(_dot_)camel(_at_)eva(_dot_)ecr(_dot_)navy(_dot_)mil>
 G E Scott Knauss <scott(_at_)knauss(_dot_)com> writes:

      So, I saw the news about MS using SPF on 1 Oct and started to worry. I
work with the military, and the way some of our users operate, it would
be very difficult to register all of their domains.

According to the article, MS will start checking SPF records starting
Oct 1, not that they will require everyone to have one.  AOL is saying
that they want people who are on their whitelist to use SPF records to
maintain that whitelist, but again, you are not required to publish
SPF records for all domains.

                                                    I then sent some
test email to the 'spfenabled(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com' which is suppose to
bounce the
message if we aren't registered. I didn't get any bounces. Does that
mean that we are somehow registered already or is there something setup
for the military's networks already ?

I'm not sure how spfenabled(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com is supposed to work, Meng would
have to answer that question.

-wayne