Re: Re: Military

2004-07-28 05:01:35
First let me apologize for the receipt request on my last post.

You make my point. All that is needed is to include a web interface on port
80 in your mailserver. Then when a client incurs port blocking they just use
your web interface to send and receive email through your server. There are
several commercial and free web interfaces that can accomplish this.

Roger you again make my case mail administrators be certified.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk(_at_)queernet(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 7:52 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Military

John Keown wrote:

The only reason for an unlimited spf record is laziness.

Um, no.  We are not our clients' connectiviy provider.  They need to be
able to send using their identity that we provide.  Their connectivity
providers resort to various methods, like port blocking, that keep them
from using our SMTP server for submission.  (My employer, for example,
doesn't just block port 25 -- they block *every* port exect for 80, 443,
and a handful of others.)  They need to be free to change connectivity
providers without telling us.  So they *must* be free to send mail using
a domain for which we're responsible using any IP address in the world.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html