Re: Re: Military

2004-07-28 07:38:08
I would bet if you gave me your employers name and I informed him that your
are sending email by passing his port blocking you would be reprimanded.
Your employer is blocking the port for a reason. Most likely to prevent you
from doing what you are doing and not doing you daily job to your utmost.

----- Original Message -----
From: <rogerk(_at_)queernet(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Cc: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Military

Quoting Paul Ficinski <spf(_at_)fairymouse(_dot_)com>:
Well *you* used a webmail client to write your email...

Under duress, because my employer blocks all useful ports but does not
have a
policy that bans use of personal email.  If personal email were banned,
I'd
stop.  As is, by putting in place a technical roadblock instead of an
appropriate policy roadblock, they push me to spend 3x the time I would
use
with a good tool interacting with webmail.

Webmail is popular with some providers - take hotmail to be one very
obvious example.

It doesn't matter what's popular with a provider -- it matters what
clients WANT
to use.  Webmail is popular with Hotmail users because it used to be all
they
had, and it is all they really promote.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html