Re: Re: Military

2004-07-28 06:59:41
Should not be sending from employers computers.

Set up a web mail interface on port 8u0 for your users and they will be able
to connect through any provider except maybe their employer.

Still no reason to have the entire ip space as a spf record.

----- Original Message -----
From: <rogerk(_at_)queernet(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Military

Quoting John Keown <jdk(_at_)nni(_dot_)com>:

As I have said I cannot think of a valid requirement to have an overly
broad
spf record. There are many ways around this.

Then name one, addressing exactly the scenario I gave you:
- User can only connect to their provider or employer's SMTP server
- User wishes to send mail *from* their private or non-profit's domain we
host,
with the envelope sender AND From: header reflecting that

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html