Re: mail administrator certification example

2004-07-31 04:02:24
On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 01:54:22PM +0300, Andriy G. Tereshchenko wrote:
Or even better !! I would like SPF allow to specify autonomous system number
or ISPs-owners of netblocks from RIPE/ARIN/etc...
24.odessa.ua.  IN TXT  "v=spf1 a mx a:home.24.odessa.ua as:AS8192
ip4:207.246.149.176 ~all"
This way I will not requere any additional information about my ISP. Actual
information will be always obtained from whois
database or any other service (like BGP).

Hmm, many registries explicitly forbid retrieving whois information by
automated means, and will block you if you do more than x queries per
day.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html