Re: Library naming

2004-08-02 11:34:31

On 2 Aug 2004, at 18:29, James Couzens wrote:

Chris,

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 09:52, Christian Brunschen wrote:

You have previously been very happy to discuss them on-list - why has
this changed?

FYI: You are trolling, stop it.

No, it was a serious question. I don't troll.

Because it is clear that further
discussion on this topic is irritating people and detracting from work.
Since what I intended to accomplish through raising my complaint did not
work out, and in the interest of moving forward I rest this issue.  You
would be wise to do the same since its not only not your issue.

It is just as much my issue as anyone else's who is interested in seeing widespread adoption of SPF: Confusion about what SPF libraries are available, how they are related, or whether any are official, could negatively affect SPF adoption, could generate unnecessary bad press, etc. Thus, it is as much in my interest as anyone else's that the issue is resolved in a constructive manner.

I have suggested precisely such a solution, which would resolve not just any posssible confusion between libspf and libspf2, but would also address any other confusion. Alas, neither you nor Wayne have shown any interest in adopting that solution.

Not that it's really very great confusion, but since you yourself made such a big affair of it earlier, I thought that you, at least, would appreciate an actual constructive solution such as the one I suggested. And of course, by adopting my suggested solution you really would have captured the high ground that you claimed to be taking earlier. But, it's your choice.

Best wishes,

// Christian Brunschen