Re: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-23 09:59:51
On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 07:43:05PM +0300, Andriy G. Tereshchenko wrote:

It can be possible to set some limit on age or organize a third-party
service that will keep historical data for SPF records and reputation.

We're discussing doing this with GOSSiP.  It'll already be storing
historical data for each identity's reputation, and I'm considering
adding pre-queueing SPF checks and using an SPF token in place of the
connecting IP if the check passes.  In this way, GOSSiP will be able to
track reputation for domains publishing SPF records in an aggrgate
manner.

--
Mark C. Langston            GOSSiP Project          Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark(_at_)bitshift(_dot_)org   http://sufficiently-advanced.net