RE: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-23 12:21:15
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:43:05 +0300, Andriy G. Tereshchenko wrote
Nothing really dangerous.
It can be possible to set some limit on age or organize a third-
party service that will keep historical data for SPF records and reputation.

Sure, if you grab the SPF information when the mail hits the MTA, and store it
somehow for the client, then it might be okay.

Or this is can be possible to add a "produced on DD/MM/YYYY, best
before DD/MM/YYYY" timestamps on SPF records to increase consumer awareness.

Actually, the records already have expiration dates -- the DNS cache time
limits.  Once that expires (and it can be anything from minutes to weeks) you
can't assume the record is valid anymore.

SPF must attempt to scale for all of them. Including
Bus-Net (Floppy-Net) scenario for disconnected villages of Africa

My reaction when I heard about that is that it's exactly the same as sending
postal mail, except for the added step of having to put the message on disk
first.  Why bother?