RE: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-25 13:56:46
Hi,

Well there is nothing to be troubled about SPF community
Its growing day by day and many of anti spam solution providers
are getting it integrated with there systems.
I recently visited this site www.spammarshall.com, it has built in
support for SPF and besides that there are number of other corporate anti
spam solution providers with SPF support and numbers of domains are
publishing SPF Records.

So, It's growing up day by day.

You are doing good job and I don't have enough resources to help u out if
there is any other kind of service under by reach I will offer to SPF and it
will be my pleasure.

Beside this I have Enquiry about MS licensing SenderID, will that license
also be applied to SPF and if yes then what will happen if MS set some good
fees for obtaining license for commercial use.

Well I don't know about legal things so let me know in simple words.

Thanks
Shoaib.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Koen
Martens
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 12:18 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Some thoughts about spam and SPF

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 08:58:28PM -0400, David Brodbeck wrote:
Seth Goodman wrote:

I think that Stuart is right, you need an SMTP AUTH service
that prevents domain forgery.

People keep saying this, but so far no one has been able to name such a
service.  There are plenty of places out there that do SMTP AUTH, but
are there any that actually prevent cross-customer forgery?  If not,
there's no way anyone who doesn't run their own mail server can use -all.

Ok, so there's a lot of demand for this service. I'm willing to set it
up:

- buy a server
- get it colocated
- set up smtp auth with cross-customer forgery prevention
- set up incoming smtp with spf checks with: forwarding to any other
  mailer on any other port (eg. port 2525 for people with isp's who
  block port 25) or pop retrieval.

I figure with at least 20 customers this service could work for 12
euro's a month. There'd be a limit to the number of domains (i'm
thinking about 5) and a limit to the number of email traffic generated
(2 gb a month approx.) with an option to increase either.

Anyone who's interrested, please let me know. I can have this up and
running in a month.

This is no business advertisement, i don't want to get rich providing
such a service. I want to enlargen the spf community by giving those
that are currently left out of the picture an oppurtunity to join in.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.