Re: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-25 14:17:52
On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 01:56:46AM +0500, Shoaib wrote:
      [...]

So, It's growing up day by day.

You are doing good job and I don't have enough resources to help u out if
there is any other kind of service under by reach I will offer to SPF and it
will be my pleasure.

If you are able to participate by publishing and perhaps checking SPF
records, we are more than grateful!

Beside this I have Enquiry about MS licensing SenderID, will that license
also be applied to SPF and if yes then what will happen if MS set some good
fees for obtaining license for commercial use.

Well I don't know about legal things so let me know in simple words.

As far as we can tell at this point, no. There is no reason why
microsoft would apply their license to spf classic, because it appears
the license is concerned mostly about PRA. However, much is unclear and
we can not predict microsoft's move.

I think SPF will become the communities solution, whereas Sender-ID
might be dubbed the 'industry solution' (where with industry I mean
those multi-billion dollar companies).

It's a matter of an army of Goliaths against a gang of David's perhaps,
if you're into biblical analogies.

I can only say what I think: Sender-ID is doomed because of legal
burden, SPF will become the emerging standard.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.