Re: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-25 14:56:43
AccuSpam wrote:

Thanks but I wrote "probability" not "probably".

I mean an actual number between 0 and 1.

The owner of the domain, may have the best information about what this number
should be.
I guess I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with that number. Say a domain tells me that there's a 30% chance email from a server is forged. Am I supposed to randomly drop 30% of the mail, or what?

Besides, how would you generate that number? I share a mail server with a bunch of other Ameritech customers. I have no idea what the probability of one of them forging my domain is.