Re: Spam undetectable by SPF (domain reputation) or Bayesian (content)?

2004-09-10 16:53:52

I am skeptical, because none of the past "raised costs" has ever caused
the % of email that is spam to stop going up.

This is I think because the cost of "internet time" decreases, while the
costs of goods sold by spam increases.  I see this only continuing, as we
build more economies of scale in networking.  T

I encourage people to stop replying to AccuSpam.
I have had a long
discussion with him personally trying to explain all the things that we
have discussed before on this list and elsewhere.

And offlist I tried to explain many things to Jonathan which he apparently
either too stubborn to, or not able to, grasp.  Or simply we had a difference
of philosophy.  I won't bore the list with the details.

These personal attacks have no relevance to factual discussion.

Even the simplest concepts such as "increasing the cost of spam will end
spam" are lost on him

The fact is that spam has always increased in spite of new costs applied by
anti-spam efforts.  That is fact.  You can attack me personally, but that will
still be a fact.

That is not changing the subject.  That is direct to the point, with an
undenieable fact.  If you do not believe this fact, go to http://BrightMail.com
and view the charts on their home page.

He doesn't use a logical
train of thought and he hasn't been able to support any of his arguments.

I just support my argument with an undenieable fact from the largest and most
successful company in anti-spam.

[...]
I believe that he is a troll either by nature. If he is not, then he has
been brought here by people that are trying to undermine our effort.

Just because you do not understand me, does not mean I am a troll.

You will discover within a few months (or less) that I am much smarter than you
realized.  The proof will be in some results you will be seeing from AccuSpam
and some patent application numbers I will be able to refer you to soon.  Then
you will be scratching your head and wondering why you did not think of what I
did first.  And the reason will be because you are closed-minded and you are
not paying attention to what I am writing.  All the hints have been there.

Obviously it is going to take some "thinking out of the box" to make a real
difference in anti-spam.  Just look at the fact I mentioned above.

:)