Re: Spam undetectable by SPF (domain reputation) or Bayesian (content)?

2004-09-13 15:09:06

We don't have to raise the cost of spamming to infinity. We don't even have
to raise the cost to a very large number. We only have to raise the cost a
*little bit* to stop spam forever.

This is, quite frankly, nonsense.

You are forgetting the fact that in the case of compromised (zombie)
machines, the extra cost would fall on the owners of those machines, not
the spammer - the extra cost would not make one bit of difference to
those spammers.   True, it would be a problem for spammers using
throwaway domains or dedicated spam sites, but they can be blocked
today with other means.

--
Fridrik Skulason   Frisk Software International   phone: +354-540-7400
Author of F-PROT   E-mail: frisk(_at_)f-prot(_dot_)com       fax: