RE: Spam undetectable by SPF (domain reputation) or Bayesian (content)?

2004-09-12 08:34:26

In any case, the main point was lost in this misplaced nit-picking. Jonathan
M. Gardner wrote:
I encourage people to stop replying to AccuSpam.

To which, I whole-heartedly agree. He's abusing both the SPF-discuss and
IETF-marid lists.

Epiphenal exit:

You may read this following sentence over and over again and try to figure out
what I mean.  I doubt you can until you see me do it.  One day you might
realize that the (by then AccuSpam proprietary) algorithm that is really going
to make the publishing approved mail servers for SPF/SenderID (and yes I
realize you, erroneously in terms of end goal, think they are different scopes
and I understand why you think that) records important will have NOTHING TO DO
WITH THE IDENTITIES that are being scoped or discussed now in this list or
MADRID.

At that time, all the posts I made will ring a different tune and I will be
laughing all the way to the bank.

Being misunderstood early on is not bad company, e.g. Socrates, Galileo,
Einstein, etc...

The fundamental problem (as Ms. Mitchell alluded to indirectly in MADRID) with
getting adoption of a per-domain DNS standard, is *geeks* (especially ones more
interested in themselves than the end goal) can not see over their own trees in
the forest.

Any way, nevermind.  As they say at Burger King, "Have it Your Way" (and note
Burger King is a withering subsidary kept afloat for the conglomerate).

Cheers,
Shelby