RE: Please Don't Reject SPF NEUTRAL

2004-09-17 10:58:43
It seems to me that there should be something between PASS and NEUTRAL.
Having no SPF record should be -all, IMHO, but let us assume that this is
not the issue for now!

So, if I had no record, default to NEUTRAL.  I understand someone blocking
this, I want to myself, but I don't, yet.  But if I get mail from the SMTP
server you said is valid for your domain, I would trust it more than
NEUTRAL.  It should not be PASS since it could still be forged, but only by
a small group of people, not the whole world!

Not sure I am explaining it very well.  I hope everyone understands what I
am saying.

On a related subject...

Meng Weng Wong wrote:
4) encourage the world to assume "a/24 mx/24 ptr -all" for non-publishing
domains

Guy Watkins wrote:
Encourage the world to assume "-all" for non-publishing domains.
If someone wants to send email, let them say so.

Guy

Sure you saved money, but at what cost? - "Guy Watkins"