Re: Disappointed, yet..not surprised (was Re: Disap pointed)

2004-09-24 06:41:13
Why should software be any different from hardware or any other
invention? If someone comes up with something truly unique then I
think they deserve to benefit from their invention (or if they choose,
donate it to the public domain or license it freely).

The problem with the MS patent applications is that a lot of what they
are claiming isn't new or unique.

Mike

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:32:07 -0400 (EDT), Chuck Mead