Re: Disappointed, yet..not surprised (was Re: Disap pointed)

2004-09-24 06:51:28
Michael Hammer wrote:

Why should software be any different from hardware or any other
invention? If someone comes up with something truly unique then I
think they deserve to benefit from their invention (or if they choose,
donate it to the public domain or license it freely).

The problem with the MS patent applications is that a lot of what they
are claiming isn't new or unique.

Unfortunately I do not have time for lengthy debates or discussions today. IMHO if you think software patents are okay you have not yet done enough research on the topic but if you want to debate it I may have some time tomorrow.

--
Chuck Mead <csm(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com>
Instructor II (and resident Postfix bigot), GLS