Re: moving on from MARID

2004-09-29 13:57:39
On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 21:06, wayne wrote:

RFROM/FRED/SUBMITTER isn't even a very new or unique idea, we had
discussed trying to leverage similar ESMTP extensions such as ENVID in
the past.

And ORCPT, which has exactly the same meaning as SUBMITTER, something I
suggested using back in April.

(Though as I had also mentioned at the time, ORCPT is curiously an
argument to RCPT instead of MAIL.  And of course there's nothing new to
the idea of putting it in the MAIL command versus RCPT, and there's
nothing new in saying that it should match the PRA, as that's basically
the definition of what it was supposed to be.)

Again, if we could have an RFC that simply says that MTA's could use
ENVID and ORCPT without needing to support all of DSN, things would be
much simpler.  (No overlap of functionality needed.)

--
Mark Shewmaker
mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com