Re: 2822 Header Analysis [Re: The pretty name]

2004-10-01 15:59:38
In other words, it is done at the SMTP DATA state point.   In this case, as
I said, a few times, the laws is on your side.

Followup:

The SA lawsuit was settled.  Unfortunately, the settlement details was not
disclosed.  I would of love to see how the courts would of view this
important case.

See  http://www.webservertalk.com/message377661.html

I see Ann Mitchell has made a statement about this.  I don't agree with her
assessment that the case was "legally unsupportable."   Obviously the
spammer had enough of a legal argument to make Ironport settle. If it was
cut and dry as she states, there would be no reason to settle. The court
would of throw the case out just like it has in the past prior to CAN-SPAM.

I would like to end my input on this with basically stating my main point we
must be careful with 2822 analysis concepts, especially those that preach
modifications.  It is a fallacy to believe that an ISP can do whatever it
wants with accepted mail without notifications.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.