Re: Re: The pretty name

2004-10-02 12:50:48
On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:27:39PM -0500, Ryan Malayter wrote:
Quite a few people have come back at me with not-so-polite comments
like this, yet not a singe one of those people has given me an example
other than mailing lists and forwarding. We already have problems with
these things in the SPFv1 world. I do not think the problems that
would be added by my rewriting idea are that much greater. The
2822.from pretty name and reply-to header can be modified do
ameliorate a lot of the issues.

No, there is zero problem with mailing lists and SPF today.

And I gave you a half-dozen items that this broke, which you ignored and
then started arguing about irrelevancies like my use of English, which is
when I realized that you were wasting our time.

"Solutions" which fail to address real world requirements aren't.
(now go ahead, criticize my use of language again)

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek