Re: Article in Oakland (CA) Tribune

2004-10-04 11:17:14
From: "Commerco WebMaster" <Webmaster(_at_)Commerco(_dot_)Net>

At 11:09 AM 10/4/2004, you wrote:
this morning. 'Monday business.com' section, pp 1-2
(Oct 4, 2004)

"Patent row kills anti-spam plan" by Anick Jesdanun (AP).
Never mentions SPF at all at all. It is a promo piece for Sender-ID.
.. snip ..
I do not know if this is online anywhere.
--
-=[L]=-

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/28/tech/main645915.shtml

It says :-

"The Microsoft and Yahoo proposals, along with one being tested by America
Online Inc., aim to tackle e-mail spoofing - the practice of sending
messages that pretend to be from someone else, be it Bill Gates or a friend
in your address book. The technology wouldn't eliminate spam, but it could
help identify and block a common spam technique. "

Which is obviously spf, but they just don't mention the name  ----  pity -
we could do with the publicity.

We need a press/PR/commercial group to make sure SPF is well publicised as
soon as we have experimental status.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com