Re: Article in Oakland (CA) Tribune

2004-10-21 04:36:39
On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 11:17, jpinkerton wrote:

"The Microsoft and Yahoo proposals, along with one being tested by America
Online Inc., aim to tackle e-mail spoofing - the practice of sending
messages that pretend to be from someone else, be it Bill Gates or a friend
in your address book. The technology wouldn't eliminate spam, but it could
help identify and block a common spam technique. "

Which is obviously spf, but they just don't mention the name  ----  pity -
we could do with the publicity.

We need a press/PR/commercial group to make sure SPF is well publicised as
soon as we have experimental status.

*ahem*

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

Perhaps we can borrow from the fox.  I'll happily provide whatever I can
to do something similar.  There are almost 180,000 domain names
registered with the spfTools.net SPF adoption roll.  Comparing my
figures with that of Wayne we can safely say there is in excess of
600,000 domains publishing SPF and I believe one could even say 1M.
Thats a lot of domains.  Man, if we could get just $0.10 from each
domain owner ;)

Meng has publicly requested funding assistance with little result.  To
do so now (by him) would be pointless in his now compromised position.
I most certainly can not champion this issue, all I can say is you are
on the money with your words, and I'll help in any way that I can.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,