RE: Article in Oakland (CA) Tribune

2004-10-21 04:52:50
Hi,

Perhaps we can borrow from the fox.  I'll happily provide
whatever I can
to do something similar.  There are almost 180,000 domain names
registered with the spfTools.net SPF adoption roll.  Comparing my
figures with that of Wayne we can safely say there is in excess of
600,000 domains publishing SPF and I believe one could even say 1M.
Thats a lot of domains.  Man, if we could get just $0.10 from each
domain owner ;)

FireFox is a client and to obtain a good roll out they need to inform their
expected user base.
i.e. the public.

SPF is an MTA level 'protocol' and thus the target audience is MTA authors.

You would get a better take up if you contacted all the MTA authors and
proposed they take part and implement SPF. Eventually all ISP's will replace
their software and if the MTA has SPF installed they are much more likely to
use it.

SPF will only succeed if its exclusion from an MTA would make the MTA
unsalable (I don't mean financially).

Regards

Richard Bang
Floosietek Ltd