RE: Article in Oakland (CA) Tribune

2004-10-21 06:18:48
On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 05:51, Richard Bang wrote:
 Hi,
On Behalf Of James Couzens

I assure you I'm quite well aware of SMTP and it place with
many others
in the 'Application Layer'.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

No apology necessary!  My pun at the expense of Sendmail Inc aside,
perhaps you have some ideas as to how we can garner some support thats
fitting and possible.

I do agree that approaching SMTP helps, but we have every SMTP server
worth their salt covered either through open source implementations or
through their own natively written ones.  The very fact that commercial
vendors have written their own implementations speaks VOLUMES to me.

I think where we need to lay focus is educating the public.  Ok, so the
relevant public.  Alright you've got me, the relevant public with a
clue.  So we need our own media whore.  We need to pay to have articles
authored by individuals from this forum from companies with big names.
Subsequent to this, a few technical pieces from our propellerhead
department would also do well to find their way into *GASP* Windows
magazines, tech magazines, Wired, anything.

I wish I will I wish I might, I wish for media attention like Janet
Jackson likes!  :-)  Seriously, man the guns man, lets roll.  Lets all
pull our magical strings and lay a smack down in line with a shelling
Bastogne hasn't seen since 1944.

Cheers,

James

--