RE: Article in Oakland (CA) Tribune

2004-10-21 11:37:28
On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 08:34, Rand Wacker wrote:
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, James Couzens wrote:

Yes indeedy.  Lets play a game!

How much money did Microsoft shove down Sendmail's pants to get their
unbridled attention and support?!

So lets take up a fund, and offer this SMTP server of the evening a
higher price and see if she'll spend a night over at our place.

Cheers,

James

We've already implemented SPF in an external milter plug-in for testing,
as well as DomainKeys, and, yes, Sender ID.

Of course it's easier to work with groups who are respectful of other
participants in this whole process, but you can choose to do whatever you
want if you think it's going to garner you wider support.

See! They *DO* pay attention!

Lets be honest here, a milter is great for testing, but will we see a
patch against the source code?

Have you reviewed my library and Sendmail source patches?

Did Sendmail receive monies from Microsoft to cover the cost of Software
development IE: CID and then SenderID?  I'm paranoid, it works well for
me for work, but not necessarily the greatest socially I'll be the first
to admit.

It would be GREAT if I had to put my foot in my mouth and apologize for
insinuating that Sendmail Inc. was in any way "loose".  I realize what
Sendmail Inc was started to do, but I also realize that you guys need to
keep money rolling through the door.

Whats a damn shame is how we as a group have been treated (I feel) by
you (Sendmail) either through a lack of participation (publicly) or any
support.  Stating now that you have an SPF milter is about as useful as
an umbrella after it stops raining.

We needed Sendmail onboard with us back in January.  Never say its too
late, but perhaps you could shed some light on just what Sendmail has
planned for the future.  Given your title you seem the perfect
individual to provide some answers.

Cheers,

James

--