Re: Article in Oakland (CA) Tribune

2004-10-21 12:05:42
On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 02:42:10PM -0400, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
Why would we expect a patch to the sendmail source with "yet another
standard outside RFC2821" when M=milters are the officially supported
extension framework for Sendmail.  Sendmail itself writes milters for
features over patching source.  This is _why_ extension systems exist.

Apache's modules are widely adopted and in heavy production use and no
one expects them to be included in the Apache core.

I've had too many troubles with badly written milters to trust them
again, for at least a year.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.