RE: Article in Oakland (CA) Tribune

2004-10-21 13:00:00
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, James Couzens wrote:

Did Sendmail receive monies from Microsoft to cover the cost of Software
development IE: CID and then SenderID?

As a private company that's really not your concern.  Just because I'm
sick of you spreading FUD like this I will say that no, we did not.  We
also did not receive any money from Yahoo for implementing DomainKeys or
from anyone in this group to implement SPF.

Whats a damn shame is how we as a group have been treated (I feel) by
you (Sendmail) either through a lack of participation (publicly) or any
support.

You're making it *soooo* much more inviting for us to get involved right
now.

We needed Sendmail onboard with us back in January.  Never say its too
late, but perhaps you could shed some light on just what Sendmail has
planned for the future.  Given your title you seem the perfect
individual to provide some answers.

We have been working with all the groups since before January.  We were
some of the major proponents of merging Caller ID and SPF, and did quite a
bit of work to bring both sides to the table.

Now that effort hasn't worked out and we're continuing with our original
stated intention to support all the authentication schemes that will see
wide adoption.  If this is how the SPF community treats vendors that try
to help with SPF then I question how viable it really is.

Stop slinging mud, start working the real problems.  We all share the same
goal here.  Childish name-calling only gives the spammers more grace time.

-Rand