Re: Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-12 19:27:36
In
<019001c4b059$58c80d20$2766f30a(_at_)development(_dot_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com>
 <terry(_at_)ashtonwoodshomes(_dot_)com> writes:

MUST is an obligation.

SHOULD is not an obligation, it is a strong recomendation.

Actually, SHOULD is equivalent to RECOMMENDED, but I think people view
the former as a stronger statement than the latter.  I would recommend
changing the wording from SHOULD to RECOMMENDED.

4) Kept the "Domains SHOULD publish ... -all" language.  Whether or
not this is where SPF can or should go, it seems clear that this was
the original intent of SPF v1.

It is certainly not the current practice, the one that the future RFC
is supposed to document.

About 75% of the SPF records in the .com TLD end in -all.  I would say
that it is the current practice, although certainly not the
universally adopted practice.

-wayne