Re: Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-13 08:20:48
Reply to E66D7F54-1D1D-11D9-ADFC-000D93359332(_at_)omniti(_dot_)com
Sent: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:43:44 -0400

George wrote:
On Oct 13, 2004, at 9:36 AM, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
A way to avoid the problem is to send email to people's final
destination email address, not one that is going to forward and to
not send mails to mailing lists.  Obviously this is an insane
restriction for people -- however, the "typical Internet user"
doesn't send mails to mailing lists and talks one-to-one to their
friends who provide them with an email address that doesn't forward.

I think that last statement doesn't jive with the popularity of Yahoo!

Groups.

Yahoo! Groups, in common with most mailing lists (unless they are
completely braindead), rewrite 2821 from. Mailing lists are not usually
affected by -all on the sender's domain. If the -all is on the list's
domain then that is a different matter entirely and up to the admins of
the list to fix.

Zair

--
Paul Ficinski