Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-12 23:09:38
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

I will not deploy SPF if I have such an obligation.

There is a difference between MUST and SHOULD.  The latter
is equivalent with RECOMMENDED, and if you have reasons to
publish sender policies without "-all" then you can do it.

"~all" and "redirect=" are explicitly mentioned as valid
reasons, but obviously "?all" and "+all" are also allowed.
"?all" is even the default (of course _not_ recommended).

There is no obligation to use "-all".  There's only an
obligation to have good reasons if you don't.  You decide
what a "good reason" is.  RfC 2119 is very simple, and you
know it and what you're doing.  That's enough to "violate"
a SHOULD:

| the full implications must be understood and carefully
| weighed before choosing a different course.

                          Bye, Frank