RE: Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-13 10:34:04
If your email did have a problem, you may not even know.  Maybe only 10% of
the people on the list receive your email, the other 90 maybe reject it.

I hope this is not the case, I also use -all.

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of David
Brodbeck
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 12:36 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:36:53 -0400, Theo Schlossnagle wrote
A way to avoid the problem is to send email to people's final
destination email address, not one that is going to forward and to
not send mails to mailing lists.  Obviously this is an insane
restriction for people -- however, the "typical Internet user"
doesn't send mails to mailing lists and talks one-to-one to their
friends who provide them with an email address that doesn't forward.

I have -all, and I send to mailing lists.  I haven't seen any problems.  I
think mailing lists generally use their own address as the envelope sender,
and only leave the original sender's name in the From: header.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.