Re: When did we lose control?

2004-10-22 20:32:37
John Glube wrote:

http://www.graybeards.net/sirs/

Thanks, is this the same as the experimental IETF review group
started some weeks ago ?  If somebody _wants_ a _real_ test,
then SPF certainly qualifies.  IIRC this experiment was only
for IETF WGs.

http://www.graybeards.net/sirs/sirs-list.html

That's the list of volunteers.  I don't know many names on it,
and therefore can't judge it.  But I can imagine to work with
Graham.

a number of people were advocating a security and operations
review of PRA. (This was ultimately accepted by the WG
Co-chairs.) When MAIL FROM checking was added, I extended
the request.

I have missed the part where the co-chairs accepted it.  But it
would be nice, if some DNS experts confirm Wayne's "processing
limits", or a simplification of this idea, or reject it as too
strict, or say anything about it to break the tie between Mark
and Wayne.

My own view is that having any experimental proposal
reviewed in this fashion, prior to consideration by the
IESG's technical directorate would hopefully ensure any
significant "issues" are sorted out in advance.

Yes, that's true.  If "our" graybeard says GO the IESG must
find something better than delaying tactics to suppress SPF.

                      Bye, Frank