Re: Agenda for FTC/NIST Email Authentication Summit

2004-10-29 15:07:12
In <7ae58c220410291406162bd742(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com> Michael Hammer
<dotzero(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

Can anyone make it to this and be willing to represent SPF?

You've obviously never been to one of these shindigs. While the public
is invited, the panelists will be doing the speaking. There will be
tables set up with the panelists and there will be a table at the
front for the FTC commissioners and staff.

No, I have not been to one, but I watched the complete FTC Spam
Conference videos.  See http://bruce.pennypacker.org/ftc/  (Once upon
a time, I converted these videos to lower resolution and helped seed
the bittorrents, but that is soooo last-year.)

So, if this conference is anything like that one, I think it is really
important to try and get someone at one of those tables.

I do plan on expressing my concerns to various parties regarding
retrofitting PRA to already published SPF1 records.

Good!

                                                    I want to
emphasize that this is not an anti-Microsoft position. I simply
believe that it is technologically wrong and leads to bad outcomes.

There seems to be a very widespread assumption that any time anyone
speaks out against the PRA in technical terms or the license terms, it
is somehow anti-MS and/or MS bashing.   *SIGH*

-wayne