Re: purely dual-format approach

2004-10-30 04:34:37
Roger Moser wrote:

v=spf1 sc=mfrom,pra a mx
       sc=mfrom exists:%{l}._ses.example.com -all

That would be a new kind of positional modifier, not the
variant documented in SPF protocol-03.  But all existing
implementations ignore unknown modifiers.  Your proposal
could result in SPF1 forced on sc=pra, which is not much
better than forcing PRA on all existing v=spf1 policies.

It's an idea for v=spf2, but it doesn't work with v=spf1.
For v=spf1 you'd need an "opt-in" modifier like pra=yes.

With my "properties" resp. "predicates" list idea you
could also define p=pra as in say p=helo,pra,hardpass

I still think that we might need more than one possible
"property" resp. "predicate" for v=spf1 in the future.

                             Bye, Frank