Re: purely dual-format approach

2004-10-30 20:12:23
On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 05:12, jpinkerton wrote:

[snip]

For the hard-liners who say MS should not use v=spf1 --  it is time to face
up to the fact that we are not all-powerful.  People, corporations, et al,
will do what they want with v=spf1. Our job is to provide some protection
for the work already done and the records already published.

  IANAL, but I have often wondered about the legal liability for a
receiver rejecting mail based on PRA analysis when the sender has
published a v=spf1 specifically for mailfrom checking and nothing else.
  It is for this reason that I think this proposal of a pra=yes modifier
has a lot of merit.  It requires *nothing* for those who have already
published v=spf1 records and do not want their records being used for
PRA checks.  But it requires a modification to v=spf1 records for those
who wish -- likely at their own peril -- want their records used for PRA
checking.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator