Re: purely dual-format approach

2004-11-02 13:42:02
Jeff Macdonald wrote:

I'd rather hear from Yahoo themselves regarding this.

Maybe MS can convice them to change their procedures.  But
the list of mailing list software (posted by Lars in MARID,
Wayne found the link, William forwarded the result to MASS)
was huge, not only Yahoo, where one admin might be able to
fix it worldwide.

It was my understanding that most receivers would just add
the result of a PRA check to the spaminess of the message.

For an abused v=spf1 policy resulting in a PRA FAIL anything
is possible.  Auto-forward to SpamCop and delete could be one
procedure.

The theory of the Sender-ID gang is that it very often works
as expected.  If 90% of mail is spam, then this assumption is
by definition "correct", most PRA FAILs will be generally spam.
Therefore users will love it and happily delete all PRA FAILs.

The difference between "most" and "all" is very critical, when
"most" mail really is spam.  The problem is how much "ham" is
deleted by PRA.  That's beyond some OE users, they want to get
rid of spam and read their mail without studying RfCs.

                           Bye, Frank

P.S.:  <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.mailsig:524>
       Thanks to Lars / Wayne / William for this list, I tried
       keywords PRA / Sender-ID / SPF, but forgot Caller-ID ;-)