Re: SPF leadership council nominees: please accept or decline

2004-11-12 13:14:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] SPF leadership council nominees: please accept or
decline

I'll agree to serve only if the council is considered temporary with
primary mission to create charter/bylaws for new organization and that
as soon as new bylaws are approved then new elections are held.

William - -

Many thanks for the acceptance, but there's a problem with your "condition".
Everyone else is just saying that they will work together with the remaining
4 electees, and guide the SPF group forward to achieve the goals outlined in
the replies to the last questions from your excellent questionairre.

Do you think you could do the same?  It will remove any ambiguity from
people's minds when they are voting, and will make the council of 5 evenly
committed.

Regarding the timelimits - I have expressed my thoughts on that, and will be
time-limiting office bearers to one year maximum before requiring
re-election, with the proviso that at least two of the original council
*must* go forward to the second year to ensure continuity without a
majority.  This has been my practice in other democratic processes of this
nature, and it has had excellent results.

Would you be willing to remove you condition?  I do hope so, as you are a
valuable member of the group but we need this particular "playing field" to
be especially "level".

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com