Campaign: If elected I will

2004-11-14 06:58:27

My purpose to sitting on the council will be to turn the various SPF distros
into a single SPF
standard:
-identify discrepancies amongst the various SPF distributions
-formulate compromise which is the technical best
-review in this forum, debating pros and cons of various technical bests to
refine compromise
-quantify the technical bests and put the technical compromise to council vote
to ensure it *is*
technical best
-once technical best achieved, use the council to assist/encourage the various
distros to comply
(this should not actually be hard, all the developers here are smart, and can
see the greater good)
-with the technical decisions resolved, we may need to author a new draft
reflecting "final" version
-come to consensus on the new "final" version needs a version change from what
is currently
considered "SPF Classic"
-promote the features of the "final" version to public

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085