RE: Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the "SPF Leadership Council"

2004-11-15 06:43:23
Guy [pobox(_at_)watkins-home(_dot_)com] wrote:
No problem with keeping the first or last vote.  I don't care. I would
also go with more than 1 vote voids all of your votes.

My fear is that someone may vote twice hoping to fool the system and
getting 2 votes in.  With the current rules, the extra votes are
ignored if caught! With my rule of more than 1 vote voids all of your
votes, people will not risk attempting to vote more than once.

With invalidating _all_ votes when more than 1 vote comes in for a given
voter, you give people an incentive for trying to invalidate other
people's votes by voting under foreign identities (if that is possible) in
order to invalidate others' votes.

Well, those are all border cases.  By far most people probably won't cast
more than one vote anyway, so I can live with whatever rule will be
chosen.